How to Play 7 (Seven) Card Stud
Note: To play Seven Card Stud Poker you must have enough credits to place an ante and a bet.
- Place an ante on the table.Note:
- The ante amount is set by the card room.
- There is no ante amount when the game stakes are $0.50/$1.00.
- You are dealt three cards: two pocket cards and one visible card.
- The Player with the lowest card must bring-in the betting.
- A round of betting begins.
Players can either:
- After all the Players have contributed the same amount into the pot, the Fourth Street betting begins.
- The bet amounts are raised to the high limit in the Fifth Street and Sixth Street.
- The last phase of Seven Card Stud Poker is the Seventh Street. The outcome of the game is determined in this phase.
- A big pair is worth betting on, unless another Player is betting aggressively on what seems to be a very good hand.
- Fifth Street is a make-or-break point. As the bet amount doubles each round, ensure your hand can produce a win at the end of the game. This will minimize your loss.
- It is advisable to fold if another Player’s exposed cards beat your entire hand.
- If you are trying to complete a Straight, check to see if the cards you need are displayed by another Player. You can then adjust your strategy accordingly.
- Fold when necessary. Seven Card Stud Poker is a game of patience, so do not bet all your money on losing hands.