How to Play 5 (Five) Card Stud
Note: To play Five-Card Stud Poker you must have enough credits to place an ante and a bet.
- Place an ante on the table.
- The ante amount is set by the card room.
- There is no ante amount when the game stakes are $0.50/$1.00.
- Each Player is dealt two cards: one pocket card and one visible card.
- The Player with the lowest card showing must bring-in the betting.
- In the second round, another visible card is dealt to all Players at the table. A round of betting follows. This process continues until each Player has one pocket card and four visible cards.
- After the last visible card is dealt to each, a final round of betting follows. Remaining Players display their pocket card. The highest hand wins.
- Watch your opponents’ visible cards. You can see when you are on a losing hand. And you can see if any card that you need to complete a winning hand is already taken by another Player.